Part # 2517501-001
By Century Motors
Part # 2517501-001
Alternate Part #'s 2517501001, AOS2517501-001
The V-Green Automation Adapter provides the ability to operate a V-Green motor with a 3rd party automation system such as the Hayward Goldline Pro Logic, Pentair Easytouch, Jandy Aqualink, and Intermatic controls. This will allow the user to control and experience the full variable speed capability of a V-Green product through an existing automation system.
How do I run a V Green 165 pump and chlorine generator simultaneously? When I bought the pump there was no mention that this pump won't allow a generator to run at the same time. Does the V-Green Automation kit allow this? I bought the pump too long ago to get a replacement V-270 motor. I haven't used it yet and just now tried to install it to find this out now.
Hi, Roger. You will not be able to run a chlorine generator at the same time using this V-Green Automation Adapter Kit. You can have the pump turn the chlorine generator on using it's built-in flow switch or purchase and installed a Grid Control Flow Switch which will use the flow of the pump to generate power which will power the generator.
I hooked it up to my aqualink control panel. I am able to control the on off function from the panel in the house but unable to change the speed from the house control panel. Only able to change speed from the V-green Automation Adapter potentiometers. Is this the only way to change the speed of the pump?
Hi, Chirs. Yes, that is correct.
Will this integrate with a Pentair Intellitouch indoor control panel connected to the i5+3 circuit board?
1 to 2 hrs
My focus will be on the adapter kit. I installed the kit to interface with a Jandy Aqualink RS panel. The V-Green motor is awesome and comes with a great electronic timer built into the unit. It is a great interface, however those of us that want remote and functions of our automation systems to interface will want the adapter kit.
1. I installed the 4 pin cable from the motor to the adapter and made space in my outside aqualink box for the adapter. Making space for the adapter is can be cumbersome.
2. I then adjusted the potentiometer, start with the small included screw driver and set number 4 to the highest speed, about 8 or 9 for me. This will be the highest speed setting and is important to use number 4.
3. I then set slot 3 to a medium speed about 5 or so and then set slot 2 to the slowest speed about 1 or 2.
4. I then attached the 2 pin digital output cables to my AUX outputs, routing these carefully may take some time so be careful not to pinch or kink in you cabinet. I had 3 Aux inputs available in my Aqualink box.
5. The highest adapter kit slot, 4, should correspond to your highest AUX input, for me it was Aux 7. This is important because the adapter will revert to the highest slot, number 4, if two AUX inputs are chosen at the same time. If 3 and 4 are chosen at the same time, 4 will override the 3 setting.
6. I only had three Aux inputs available, the kit allows for four. I set my speeds for high, medium and low. In the Aqualink RS I choose filter pump on and AUX 7,6 OR 5 FOR THE SPEED PROGRAMMING. For freeze protection programing I select filter pump on and AUX 6, medium speed for my setting.
7. My Aqualink RS late 2007-08 and this setup is perfect for my needs. I love the V-Green and the adapter gives me Aqualink functionality. if your somewhat handy this should not be too complicated.