By Hayward Pool Products



Part # 27518-204-000

Warranty 1 Year

Dimensions 9" L x 9.5" W x 15" D

Alternate Part #'s SP071621, 26-150-1790, SP71621

Product Description

Top Mount Valve for Hayward Sand 2"

Note:  The filter to valve o-ring and the pressure gauge are not included with the valve.  

The  multiport control valve, made of our exclusive PermaGlass XL™ material and engineered for maximum flow at lower pressure drops will be the choice in multiport valves. It will retrofit any filter that has an SP071113 valve that needs replacement and upgrading. Does not include clamp and o-ring.

All Vari-Flo control valves feature an easy-to-use lever action handle that lets you "dial" up to six valve/filter functions: filter, backwash, waste, rinse, closed or recirculate. Complete with an integral sight glass that lets you see when the backwashing cycle is completed, our wide selection of valve configurations allows you to match the right Vari-Flo valve to the proper application; residential, commercial, top-mount or side mount. 

Vari-Flo Control Valve Functions

  • Filter - For normal filtering and regular vacuuming
  • Backwash - For cleaning filter sand bed of accumulated debris
  • Rinse - Use after completing backwash cycle to ensure all dirty water is rinsed out of the filter to waste
  • Waste - By-passes the filter for draining or lowering pool water level and for vacuuming heavy debris directly to waste line.
  • Recirculate - Water is recirculated through the valve by-passing the filter
  • Closed - Shuts off the flow from the pump to the filter
  • Winter - For winterizing (SP0714T only) 
  • 1 year warranty 

* The following valves are used with the Hayward Pro Series Top-Mount Sand Filters. SP0704T Valve is only used with filter S144T Only.


Product Specifications

Custom Molded Products
Valve Type:
Filter Type:
Port Size:
2 in.
Max Flow Rate:
125 GPM

?     Asked on 8/6/2015by Glenn

I need a multi control valve for a Hayward sand filter the part number on. The valve is sp711-a-13

A  Answered on 8/8/2015 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi Glenn, The direct replacement for your SP711-A-13 Valve would be the Hayward 1-1/2" Top Mount Valve (SP0714T).

?     Asked on 6/12/2016by Richard Ramer

which top mount valve would fit my model#S180T93STL Serial # 21121008000270 7009

A  Answered on 6/12/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Matt S.

The OEM valve replacement is the Hayward SP0714T, or you can use this generic valve.

?     Asked on 9/4/2016by Dean

I need to replace a leaky control valve on my Hayward sand filter the part # on the valve is SP-711-TXC but I can't seem to find that direct replacement part listed

A  Answered on 9/13/2016 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi Dean. The SP0714T valve is the correct replacement for the SP-711-TXC valve that you have.

?     Asked on 6/10/2017by BENJI HOLLOMAN

I have a Haywood Variflo XL Valve S180T 50psi 75gpm filter, I need either a replacement top mount valve or replacement gasket if they make one for this filter. When I change the filter from backwash back to filter it still send water out of the backwash port. Which part do I need for this filter?

A  Answered on 6/11/2017 by InyoPools Product Specialist Hector F.

When the valve leaks out of the backwash port that is a sign that the spider gasket has gone bad. That gasket comes with the key assembly being key number 9 on this parts diagram. The valve replacement is listed on this diagram as well.

?     Asked on 5/1/2018by Jeff

I have a Hayward sand filter 21 series when running in filter or recerculate position I'm getting air in the tank would this be a possible spider gasket problem or do I need to get a new multi port head

A  Answered on 5/5/2018 by InyoPools Product Specialist Lennox H.

Hi, If you're getting air in the tank, you have an issue on the suction side of your system. Check out our How to Identify and Correct Air Leaks Guide.


Review Summary

 (Average 0  out of 5 stars)
0 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star: