Part # SP1592
Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump Series
The Big news in above-ground pumps is the PowerFlo Matrix by Hayward. It features an industrial-size strainer basket to collect a lot of debris without a lot of maintenance.
The high-quality Noryl impeller offers wide openings to prevent leaf and debris clog. While this pump is impressively equipped, the PowerFlo Matrix is also very efficient. It has a heat-resistant, double-size seal and a protected rear-mounted switch for high-energy efficiency. Plus, its heavy-duty, high-performance motor provides years of trouble-free operation thanks to an integrated automatic thermal overload protector. PowerFlow Matrix clearly the superior choice in above-ground-pool pumps.
The Power-Flo Matrix has been engineered as a uniquely superior above-ground pool pump. With a single push of a button, this truly versatile pump changes from a veritical to a horizontal discharge and back again. Its large profile and integrated styling makes the Power-Flo Matrix a swimming pool pump like no other.
Pump Output (GPM) vs. Total Resistance To Flow (Feet of Head)
|Model #||10 Ft.||20 Ft.||30 Ft.||40 Ft.||50 Ft.|
Applications & Pump Features
• Above-ground/on-ground pools
• On/Off Switch
• The above-ground industry's largest strainer basket for large debris collection with minimal maintenance
• Horizontal/vertical discharge feature -- simply converts from vertical to horizontal discharge orientation with the press of a button
• Quick disconnect intake and discharge pipe connection
• C-Clip Connector allows for easy disengagement of strainer housing in a matter of seconds for hassle-free maintenance
• Heavy-duty, high performance motor with integrated automatic thermal overload protector for years of operation
• High quality Noryl impeller with wide openings to prevent clogging by leaves and debris
• Durable, corrosion-proof housing for years of dependable service and all-weather performance
• Heat-resistant, double-sized seal for long-lasting efficiency
• Energy-efficient, protected rear mounted switch
• Integral drain plug for easy winterization of pump
PowerFlo MatriX Benefits
• Features an industrial-size strainer basket to collect a lot of debris without a lot of maintenance.
• Converts from horizontal to vertical orientation at the press of a button.
• Quick connect/disconnect intake and discharge connection.
Click here for more Hayward Pool Pumps
How to change horizontal/vertical discharge feature
Hi, Frank. Step by Step instructions are available in our How To Rotate the discharge port on your Hayward Matrix Pump guide.
The strainer on this pump has a lid which has three slots to open it up. Where can I buy a tool to do this?
I am not aware of a tool for the pump, I recommend giving Hayward a call, 1-800-657-2287, to see if they make one for that pump.
I have a Hayward Matrix 1 H.P. pump & I'm curious if a 3 way diverter valve will work on above ground pools for cleaning/ by passing the filter...if so how would it be installed ??
June, A 3-Way can be installed for cleaning/ bypassing the filter, you'll have to install the valve on the discharge side of the pump before the filter.
I changed the impeller gasket but the pump still leaks in back of motor did I miss maybe a gasket some where
What is the voltage on this unit? How long is the manufactures warranty? If the system requires repairs during warranty, what do I do?
This pump runs on 115V power. This unit comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. If the pump needed repair, you would call Hayward directly and they would put you in touch with a warranty service station in your area.
(4 out of 5 stars) Hayward 1.5 HP pump
Reviewed By: T-Bone from Bluffton, IN ()
Pros: Excellent pump, love the new clean out basket design
The updated design from our last hayward was excellent. The new basket clean out is awesome and screwing the lid on is much be easier and attaches easier than the previous model.
(4 out of 5 stars) pool pump
Reviewed By: Ken R. from N.E Pa. ()
This pump does a great job for my 21ft round. The old one lasted about 5 years.I expected it would be a little longer.I did use the pump every night till morning for the 3.5 months we get for good weather. The best part about the pump was the shipping was only one day and no extra charge.The pump was working fine till one day it made a lot of noise it still pumped but I know something was about to stop.
(5 out of 5 stars) Replacement Pool Pump
Reviewed By: Bill n Kat from Austin, TX ()
Pros: same manufacturer, make, model as original
We replaced our original Hayward Pool Pump, rather than removing it and sending it to a shop. The pump had been running almost 24/7 for 3 years, and always performed well. It started making a loud whirling and squealing sound. We decided to put the money directly into a new one. We estimated a repair would probably be about $100, and would involve going back and forth to the repair shop. All that, and hopefully it would work and be quieter. We didn't want to be without a pump for even a couple of days. We've figured out the secret code to keeping our pool crystal clear year-round, and weren't willing to risk running it without a filter while the pump was in the shop. We felt that the 24/7 - 3 years service we had from the original pump was a good long run for the product, and purchased an exact replacement. Package arrived as scheduled, was complete and free from any damage. It took probably an hour to change out the new pump for the old, and that time included gathering tools for the job. There was minimal down time from running the filter. We're back to a quiet hum from the pump - and the pool is still crystal clear!