Part # SP0710XR50

Warranty 1 year

Alternate Part #'s 27513-154-000, SP0710XR50, HPPSP0710XR50, SP710XR50

Product Description

Hayward Vari-Flo XL multiport side mount control valve

  • Accepts 1-1/2" pipe
  • Made of PermaGlass XL™ material
  • Retrofits any filter that has an SP071113 valve
  • Offers maximum flow at lower pressure drops
  • Easy lever action handle
  • 6 functions: filter, backwash, waste, rinse, closed or recirculate

Vari-Flo Control Valve Functions

    • Filter - For normal filtering and regular vacuuming
    • Backwash - For cleaning filter sand bed of accumulated debris
    • Rinse - Use after completing backwash cycle to ensure all dirty water is rinsed out of the filter to waste
    • Waste - By-passes the filter for draining or lowering pool water level and for vacuuming heavy debris directly to waste line.
    • Recirculate - Water is recirculated through the valve by-passing the filter
    • Closed - Shuts off the flow from the pump to the filter
    • Winter - For winterizing (SP0714T only) 

* The following valves are used with the Hayward Micro-Clear and Pro-Grid DE filters.

Click here for more Backwash Valves

Product Specifications

Plumbing Size:
1 - 1/2 in.
Hayward Pro Grid & Micro Clear DE Filters
Valve Type:
Valve Location:
Side Mount

?     Asked on 1/24/2012by Guest

I have a Hayward sand filter with a SP710 multiport valve. Do I need the SPX710X32 or the SPX710XR50?

A  Answered on 1/24/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

The Hayward >SPX710XR50 is a valve that is only used on Hayward D.E. filters. If you have a Hayward sand filter you would either need a >SPX710X32 (Model S200 filter)) or a > >SPX710X62 (Pro Series Models).

?     Asked on 1/31/2012by Guest

I need parts for my filter valve. When I look at the filter parts breakdown, it gives me different choices. How do I know which one is the one I need?

A  Answered on 1/31/2012 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

In order to locate the correct parts we will need to know the model number of the filter valve. Two identical filters can have two different valves. Typically the valve model will be located on the label of the valve. If there is no model number on the valve, you can try to see if there are any part numbers on the valve itself. Once you've located you valve model you can check out our >Filter Valve Parts.

?     Asked on 1/24/2013by Guest

Can I repair a broken SP710XR50 valve body? If not, how do I replace the old one with a new one?

A  Answered on 1/24/2013 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Unfortunately the valve body can not be repaired. You would need to replace the complete valve. To install it, you will need some pvc glue, pvc and fittings

?     Asked on 4/26/2013by Guest

The Hayward model number on my value says 710XR50 . Is part number SP0710XR50 the same ?

A  Answered on 4/26/2013 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

Yes, Hayward model SP0710XR50 is the same filter valve.

?     Asked on 11/7/2013by Guest

Does the spider gasket for the SP0710XR50 valve need to be glued in?

A  Answered on 11/7/2013 by InyoPools Product Specialist Patrick P.

It does not but you can use an rtv silicone to help it stay in place.


Est. Repair Time

Less than 1 hr

Tools Needed


1     1

Valve assembly was leaking

Written on 6/17/2022 by Guest

Due to the fact it was leaking and the fact it was 15 years old it was time to replace the valve. Complete process of removal and installation was very straightforward. I disconnected the lines to the valve I also drained the filter as it was full of water. Pulled the valve assembly out of the filter assembly, I cleaned all ports openings prior to new installation. Used teflon tape on all connections and tighten all connections. After installing filled water and fired it it right up. No issues and best of all no more leaks...woohoo!!!

Were these instructions helpful? 


Review Summary

 (Average 4.86  out of 5 stars)
14 Rating
5 star:
4 star:
3 star:
2 star:
1 star:

The Most Helpful Review

The Most Recent Reviews